Clinical Research IO (CRIO) aims to transform and streamline the process of clinical trials, replacing the traditional paper-based manual workflows with a SAAS solution that improves efficiency and reduces error. Our business operates at the intersection of healthcare and life-science research. Our customers include clinical research sites, hospitals, biotech and pharma. We have developed an enterprise solution for research investigators, and we are embarking on building a platform for biotech and pharma sponsors. We provide value to our customers in this highly regulated industry by capturing data that is clean and accurate, eliminating expensive human intervention, and making research data available in real-time.
We’re looking to expand our team of developers located in our Boston office!
As part of our agile team, you’ll be working in a startup environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our customers and product team as we deliver enhancements and build new products in an industry with a mission to improve the quality of human life.
We are a small, fast-growing startup company with a strong team of developers, a loyal customer base, and a highly regarded brand. Our company culture emphasizes trust, teamwork, collaboration, learning, career growth, and fun! In our streamlined startup environment, nobody is just a developer. Each of us wears many hats, gets to know our customers and business, and has opportunities to contribute broadly to the company mission. Our people are our most important asset, and we build our team carefully to maintain the values of our culture.
You are an experienced and dedicated engineer who cares deeply about your craft. You aren’t bound by specific tools and technology, and you feel confident picking up whatever skills you’ll need to get the job done. You are a good communicator, and you support your position with facts while maintaining an ability to compromise when necessary. You are committed to best practices, and you take personal ownership of the quality of your product. You enjoy collaboration, and thrive in a team environment where everyone is working towards a common goal. You enjoy getting to know your team on a personal level, and you love finding ways to have fun while doing your job!
- Be a key contributor on a full stack SCRUM team
- Develop new SAAS products and functionality hosted in the cloud
- Collaborate with product leadership and UX to understand the needs of the business
- Provide design influence to our product development
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, design, and development
- Participate in agile backlog grooming and planning sessions
- Contribute to code review and design sessions
- Stay current with industry trends, and bring the best of these into our engineering practices
- 5+ years developing cloud-hosted SAAS applications on the front-end and back-end
- Experience with React, Vue.js or AngularJS
- Strong knowledge of Java web technologies including Spring Boot and older MVC frameworks
- Solid experience with relational databases
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Understanding of scalability and performance concerns and strategies
- Ability to design extensible and maintainable software
- Comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence team as needed
- Self-motivated and proactive in terms of identifying and resolving problems
- Passionate about technology and staying current with industry trends
- Natural tendency towards continuous improvement for self and team
Nice to Have
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with legacy Java Struts
- Experience with healthcare or life science industries
- Experience with 21CFR11, HIPAA, and GDPR regulatory conformance
Apply for This Role
Send your resume and cover letter (optional) to engineering-careers@